Thursday, March 17, 2011

Not like his mom

Cooper decided last night that he wanted to sleep without his PJs. Or his clothes. Or anything on, at all. Matt and I were fairly sure that he'd just get too cold in an hour or two, and so we tried not to make a big deal of it. And there was our buck naked child in a 60 degree room, sleeping without any blankets or sheets, asleep on the bed. Time ticked on. After an hour, I went into his room and tried to ease some soft pants onto him. He got mad at me and ripped them off. Another hour later, I tried the same- again, he took them off while half asleep and murmuring "No momma no pants I don' wanna wear em." So I gave up and we all went to bed.

He slept like that, all night, in our cold house, naked as can be. Unbelievable. He was very uncharacteristically cranky at daycare today, so I suspect he slept really poorly because he was kinda cold. But man, that kid is stubborn, and apparently functionally warm under pretty cold conditions. Unlike me. I sleep in full flannel pj's, under two blankets and a flannel sheet, all night.

Tonight he's wearing his usual get-up of fleece pants, lightweight wool socks, a teeshirt and a soft sweater. Thank goodness.

No comments: