Monday, August 2, 2010

Two funny things

Cooper has been saying a lot of funny stuff lately, but two things are in the front of my mind right now.

1) He can't seem to figure out how to pronounce "tofu-dogs," as in the faux hot dogs that we sometimes cut up and serve for lunch or snack. Instead, he strings together a random assortment of related syllables before the word dogs. It cracks me up. Today he called them "mo-foo-doo dogs" and "two-foo-foo dogs" and my favorite, "foo-coo" dogs.

2) His mimicry of us, ever amusing, has led him into some funny (and also not great) habits with Grant. As a good example, today Grant was getting all fussy and cranky and Cooper, in an irritated tone, said, "Grant, could you please try to relax?" Oh, dear. I think I'm going to have to mention this to Matt (he's the one that uses this phrase). He also sternly warns Grant that he's not allow to stand in the bathtub "No standing! Its slippy!" that certain behaviors are not permitted "No pull on momma's hair that hurts momma!" and that screaming is never ok "Grant! No Screaming!"

On a sweet note, today Cooper got possessive of Grant and told me it was "Cooper's turn to hold the baby." This happens about once a week. Grant was in a great mood, so I plopped him onto Cooper's lap. Grant giggled as Cooper fumbled him around, and Grant had a great time poking Cooper in the eyes as Cooper told him to stop while laughing all the while. It was awesome. They are adorable.

Grant is going to be 6 months old in a few days. That's mind blowing. I'm looking forward to his weigh-in... any guesses? FYI, he's really, really big. I'm thinking 19lbs, but we'll see if that's right.

No comments: