Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hair surprises

My post-partum hair loss reached it most disgusting peak around 4 or 5 months out. I got a nice haircut around 6 months, and the hair dresser told me that he could tell I'd had pretty severe post-partum losses because my scalp was covered in regrowth.

Jump ahead to now. I got out of the shower the other day and realized two things; it was freezing cold out (about 25) and I needed to spend some time outdoors (fun pre- ski season festival in the outdoors). So I used the blow drier for the first time since about last winter.

Matt and I both started laughing out loud when I finished drying my hair. All over my scalp was a coat of fuzz at about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long. The most obvious was near the border with my forehead, where the regrowth was so thick and obvious that it looks like I cut myself some really short bangs.

I stuck a ski cap on and called it good. It is a lot of short cute fuzzy regrowth. I'm glad it will be back to normal soon.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I remember that stage, all the new regrowth sticking up. You're not alone.