Sunday, May 23, 2010

Still not sure

I got to take off the surgical dressings and take a peek at my surgery site today. I still am not sure how long the incision really is- my surgeon drew a ton of funky lines pre-op all over my skin with a marker as she and I discussed my exact options for the repair, and so under all the steri strips and distorted skin I actually can't tell what is incision, and what is surgical pen red lines. Kinda weird, really. Regardless, its certainly under 4" long, and probably more like 3". And I was right- I got all steri-strips (glue stitches) and no traditional external stitches, and no staples. So that's nice, as steri-strips generally scar less.

Showering felt good, too. Ahhh.... and I halved my pain med dosage this morning to see if I would still be comfortable with a lower dose, and I am. So that's nice. I'm less loopy on the lower dose for sure!

No comments: