Saturday, June 7, 2008

Major disappointment

I'm really bummed about something here. A few days ago I ate a whole bunch of roasted beets. They were delicious with butter and dill- mmmmmmm...

Beets turn just about everything fuschia; first your hands, the cutting board, and your teeth turn pink. Then, you can count on light pink pee about 8 hours later, and pink poop the next day.

I am really disappointed to report that breastmilk does not turn pink when you eat beets. I know it was a stretch to think the beet pigments could get into the milk, but I also know that some artificial colors get into breastmilk (I read that some gatorade flavors will make your milk look light greenish-gray) so it didn't seem thaaaat unreasonable. So yeah, I'm disappointed. I was really excited at the prospect of pink milk.

No comments: