Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Overheard

Grant and Cooper were playing in the living room while I cooked dinner.

Cooper: I LOVE YOU.
Grant: Squeak!
Cooper: I sharin' with you.
Grant: Squeak! Squeak!
Cooper: Grant, you sharin' with me. That'll be good. You love sharin'.
Grant: snuffle snuffle munch munch
(pause)
Cooper: You LOVE sharin'!
(pause)
Me: Cooper, what are you sharing with Grant?
Cooper: He's eating my food! I'm sharing. It'll be great.

I came around the corner to see my 8 month old son's mouth completely stuffed full of raisins, like some sort of odd college dare. Grant was in total heaven... food! attention! my brother is touching me! And Cooper was SO proud of himself for sharing his raisins, so it was disappointing to all of us when I scooped them all out of Grant's mouth and tried to explain that Cooper can and should share a lot of things with Grant, but maybe not yet raisins.

No comments: