Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy 40 weeks minus two days!

It is official- as of this evening, Cooper has spent as much time "on the outside" as he did in the oven. Yeeee haw!

Today he celebrated by standing independently for over 30 seconds in a row on a few occasions, saying "Dog-gee" to the dog about 100 times, and saying ma-ma once very quietly. I just about peed myself with happiness. Which, given the very mild but undeniable changes to my bladder control resulting from running a nearly nine pound baby through a very small opening, wasn't all that hard to do.

In other news- friends and family are announcing fun stuff left and right. Here's a list...

- Brother-in-law got engaged! Cool!

- My sister is baking baby #2. Due in May. No word on gender yet.

- Our friend and neighbor found out its gonna be a BOY!! Yippee a little boy buddy for Cooper! They are working on the name so I won't reveal, but one of the idea-names they gave is a great name and I give it two thumbs up. Definitely not on my "what-the-hell?" list of idiot things to name a baby.

- Another neighbor who we don't know all that well but want to get to know better because she and her husband and their 3 year old boy seem cool is having kid #2 in July. Neat! We'll have more to talk about, maybe.

- Only two more months until another friend's baby, to be named Hannah, is due. I view the house of these friends as our personal storage unit. Every time Cooper outgrows a toy or gear, we give it to them. I think they have a whole room dedicated to Cooper's old stuff, in prep for Hannah. It saves us the space, and them the money, so its win-win. They promise to give it all back eventually. Bonus! Might even get the newborn stuff back in time for neighbor babies.

No comments: